Wednesday 6 November 2013

Remember, Remember the 5th of November

Tuesday 5 November was a very memorable day. During the afternoon, I was present at the launch of University Square, Stratford, an impressive and unique partnership between Birkbeck, University of London and the University of East London. The idea is that this £33m. state-of-the-art facility will give students access to a wide range of courses, help them gain university qualifications and enhance their future prospects. HRH The Princess Royal was on hand to perform the official opening and I look forward to hearing about students from Waltham Forest benefiting from this great new centre of learning.

Back at the Town Hall I was delighted to welcome my councillor colleague Darshan Sunger, along with Pawandeep and Kiran Sunger, into the Parlour to mark Diwali, before joining 20,000 residents to watch the Council firework display. What a fantastic show, with music, lasers and fireworks all combining brilliantly to give the huge crowd a thrilling evening – and we even managed to avoid the rain. I hope everyone who attended enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment