Friday 2 August 2013

Copper Box Event - Olympic Park

I visited the Copper Box Arena at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park yesterday morning.  It was really exciting for me as I met the legendary Barry McGuigan who is doing fantastic work with his boxing academy in the local communities.  Today’s event saw the academy promoting activity and healthy eating.  There were master classes in boxing, nutritional advice, team work games and skipping.
   
I was pleased to be in the company of my fellow councillors, Ahsan Khan, Geraldine Reardon and Saima Mahmud.  First there were speeches given by Barry and Peter Tudor from the London Legacy Development Corporation (LDDC) and then Councillor Khan “rang the bell” to start off the event!   There were many residents at the event and I am sure they all enjoyed themselves as much as I did!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment