Thursday 1 August 2013

East London Radio Interview


Aaron McCarter and I

On the 25th July, Aaron McCarter of East London Radio came to the Town Hall to meet with me for a radio interview.   Before my interview began I did a bit of “interviewing” myself by finding out a bit more about this exciting new radio station!!  Aaron told me that the station is a non-profit radio station that gives people the pathway into radio through training and mentoring.  The station was formed from an idea between himself and his friend Ian Chambers.  They realised that there was a need for real routes into radio for young people, recent graduates, the long term unemployed and anyone else in East London.

Aaron told me that in East London there is no community based radio station that is fully inclusive of everyone and believes that having a radio created by everyone for everyone helps us to better appreciate and welcome the diversity within our community.  That is fantastic!!

I was more than happy to give my interview to Aaron.  He asked me questions about my role as Mayor and about my year ahead.  I hope you all tune in and listen to the interview when it is broadcast!   But if you can’t wait till then, here is the link  http://eastlondonradio.org.uk/?p=820

No comments:

Post a Comment