Monday 24 June 2013

Boxing Coach Session - Barry McGuigan Boxing Academy


To launch my 'Pounds4Pounds' weight loss programme, I visited the Barry McGuigan Boxing Academy at Leyton Sixth Form College on the 13th May, with Cllr Ahsan Khan, Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing. I had the pleasure of meeting Sandra McGuigan, Shane McGuigan and Carl Frampton, a professional boxer who is the current holder of the Commonwealth Super-Bantamweight championship!  The BMBA works closely with local communities to promote and provide education, training, advice and guidance on how to improve health and fitness. I was very privileged to participate in a boxing session. This was a great “kick start” to my weight loss programme as I was really put through my paces! A big thank you to everybody for giving me the opportunity to rediscover boxing and the benefits it brings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment