Tuesday 4 June 2013

Greenleaf Baptist Church Fun-Day


On Saturday I was invited to attend the Fun-day at Greenleaf Baptist Church. The theme of the Fun-day was to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of The Queen's Coronation. There were many activities and stalls set up for the local community to enjoy including a bouncy castle, tasty looking BBQ (I resisted!), Queen's Coronation display area, and craft and games stalls. I spent time meeting and talking with those who had come from the local community to enjoy the day. I was very impressed with the volunteers who were working very hard on the various stools available.
Later in the day I joined everyone in the Main Hall, where there were lots of game stalls, crafts and other items for sale. I was welcomed by the event organiser, Brenda Drummond and Rev Adeline Warburton who asked me to judge and award the children's 'Make a crown' competition, which was very tough as they were all very good! I then gave a speech giving thanks to the brilliant organisers of the Fun-day and thanking the local community for their attendance on the big day together. These occasions help the local community to join together in its diversity to enjoy a time of celebration together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment