Tuesday 25 June 2013

Tour & presentation – LondonWaste Limited

On Thursday 20 June I was invited to meet the Managing Director of LondonWaste Limited, David Sargent. Along
with our my fellow Mayors from neighbouring boroughs, namely Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey
and Islington, we were given an insight into the disposal of waste.  So armed with our hard hats and high visibility jackets we were taken on a tour of the EcoPark.  Here, we were introduced to both the Compost Centre and the Energy Centre.  It was interesting to see how much hard work and effort is put into making our towns cleaner and healthier places to live in.
 
After the tour we received speeches from John Boast, Chairman of LondonWaste Limited and David Sargent.   After the speeches we were all presented with a cheque in the sum of £1000 for our chosen charities.  We were all very grateful everybody at LondonWaste for taking time out of their hectic schedules to present us with our cheques.  I am sure I speak for all my fellow mayors when I say that this means a lot to us!  Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment