Monday 23 September 2013

Family Open day, Chingford Police Station



On Sunday, I attended the Family Open Day at Chingford Police Station.  I was met by the Borough and Deputy Borough Commander who gave me a tour of the station yard.   I spoke to all the different police sections and learned a lot about what the police do.  I then went into the custody suite where they held a role play for us to observe.  The scenario was a female shop lifter who had been detained.  We observed the procedures which were followed and this was very interesting.  I also looked inside a cell and was amazed at how very basic it was!  I couldn’t believe also, when I was told that there are only 2000 cells in the Metropolitan Police Area.    The tour ended with a meeting with the Station Reception Officer, the Level 2 Riot Police, safer neighbourhood teams and, last but not least, the fantastic Cadets.  Thank you to everybody at Chingford Police Station for taking the time to explain the work you do - you all do an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment