Sunday 15 September 2013

Rededication at St Michael and all Angels Church


I was delighted and indeed honoured to share in the re-dedication and blessing of the Calvary of St Michael and All Angels Church on Sunday. Thank you to Father Alex Summer for making me feel so welcome.

I am sure I speak on behalf of the local Asian and Islamic communities when I say that were all deeply saddened and concerned over the vandalism of the Calvary earlier this year. Such acts of violence will not be tolerated in our Borough and rather than let this sort of thing tear our community apart it only serves to bind us together. It is so important that in times such as these, we all come together as a community, irrespective of faith, to build upon stronger relations and social cohesion.


No comments:

Post a Comment